Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Project 365 + Project Life!

First I would like to wish all who celebrate the Lunar New Year a Blessed Lunar New Year!! We are in the midst of  hectic and wonderful celebrating with family and friends and having a great time meeting especially our extended family, including my cousins, their children and grandchildren!

Yes! After a few months enjoying Ali Edwards' Project Life pages and camping at Becky Higgins blog for the last few weeks, deliberating how I will go about it, I have jumped in onto Project Life, and am loving it!

When I finally made the decision in the first week of Jan, I went straight into Amazon, bought the Turquoise edition, the orange Clementine binder, and photo pockets B & F because everything else was out of stock, and I WANT to get started! Then I had to pay an incredible (Shhh!) amount of shipping for it to be shipped to Singapore. Last week just before my stuff arrived, I realised that Project Life is available in Singapore (silly me!) and ran down to Scraplicious to purchase photo pockets A and the 12X12 pockets, and I was all set! 

And here's my Cover page - scraplifting from Jennifer Woodbury's page featured on Becky's blog.
I was very happy to include our family's favorite verse Micah 6:8, using the word art I made for our living room! Also used the curvy outlined label from 'I like you' by Lauren Grier (recolored) used twice below - printed, cut out and adhered onto the Project Life cards.
Project Life Title Page
I love that we can include physical memorabilia in PL, which I miss in making digital albums, scanning them is not quite the same.
And remember these pages from my Project 365 in 2009? We love that album for capturing everyday life!
Now I only want one album for the year, and it must all be do-able, tell our stories of our 2012 without too much time and cost .... putting all of these desires together, after much deliberation, this is my plan for my 2012 Project Life album:
  • capture daily 365 photos  in fortnightly 12x12digital  layouts to be printed out and slot into Project Life Binder
  • print 3x4 or 4x6 of the everyday life photos that I want to give special mention + journal on the PL journal cards, and slot into the photo pockets 
  • include memorabilia using the photo pockets 
  • add 12x12 digital layouts for special events or memories as I feel like it 
Here's my first fortnight's Photo 365 layout - I love how it turned out :) I think I will be able to keep this up !

Credits: Background paper from Digital Design Essentials, camera stamp by Listgirl, date word art by Lauren Reid, corners by Lauren Grier, and alpha by Lili  + Yin Template 290 B.

Have made eight of such 12x12 templates, they contain 15 or 16 photos each, to make up a month, I will be  keeping the embellishment minimal so they don't take too much time, and focus on the photos and journalling- the set is available in the store in case you are interested in joining me in the fortnightly layouts - we will complete the year in 24 layouts, how's that?
Pin It
Thanks to Steph's article on Project 365 on The Daily Digi, I found and downloaded an App that is really helping me keep up with P365, using my iphone to take and keep track of the daily photos. This is the one I use: PROJECT 365 but they all work quite similarly. Here's my month's photos so far in calendar view:
It's working so well I've persuaded dh and the boys to download the android equivalent so they too can take photos from their point of view, and be incorporated in our family's 365 layouts!

I also hope to use our Project Life album to capture and be our family journal for reflections, family devotions, prayers and anything else that speaks to us as a family. On the first of January, we spent a bit of time talking about our One Little Word (we did it last year too but I failed to capture it on a layout). I printed out four copies of the word list from Ali's blog and each of us had a highlighter pen to circle the word(s) that speak to us. Now I'm able to incorporate them into our PL album!! I love that with PL, we can be a lot more up to date with capturing the everyday and the now, and can flip through them as the year progresses. I hope this will be meaningful for the whole family.
And finally, I am in the midst of finishing up our 2011 album, there are probably about 10 more layouts to go, and these are two of them, just quick and simple layouts, templates are being shared below.
These are now available as part of Template Pack 7 in the store. Thanks for your interest!

 Do share how you plan to capture 2012 memories, and if you have layouts to share, email them to me at yindgs at yahoo dot com dot sg, I will choose some to post on my blog. Thank you so much!

12 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I have been looking at PL, too, but don't know if I will do it. Love your templates!!!! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to way with your photos and memorabilia!

    Thanks so much for the lovely templates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a wonderful way of putting projects together. I love your plan.

    What is the android app for project 365? I haven't been able to find it yet.

    Again and always...thank you for your posts and generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to see that you are doing Project Life! I finally decided to do it after debating for about three years. This will be my only album as well for the year (unless we go to the beach this year - it'll probably get a small digi album). I also love your cover page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, Yin! I have been really getting excited about Project Life too. I decided to go all digital (well, sort of) :), but I love that you're doing a mix. I like your idea to do "fortnightly" layouts. I'll admit, I was about to have to look up the definition of a fortnight until I got to end and saw that your first one was from Jan. 1-15... so that's 2 weeks! :) "Fortnight" not a term I use often, but it's a good one! Thanks so much for the new templates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how many people are now doing PL! I did it a few years ago, kept it up pretty well. I too love your mix of digital and paper which i would like to do. I got your templates for fortnight (new word to use for me too!) Now if i could just get more proficient with digital. You are such an inspiration. I don't have a smart phone but husband does, maybe he can help me. Thanks for the free templates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the templates! I love your style. cj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hsmom,

    The android app my dh uses is 365 photos - see https://market.android.com/details?id=com.photos&hl=en
    it does not present the view as well as my iphone app, but it's functional in terms of capturing the photo, tracking them by days on calendar, and able to export for my scrapping use, so good enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is what I've been waiting for....a PLAN! I have my Project Life Kit. I have Wendyzine's Project Life action...I have been taking lots of pictures. Now, all I need is TIME! ;)

    My reward for finishing my to-do list today will be to shop at your store..have a GREAT day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the templates! It is so fun looking at your layouts. I'm finishing up my 3rd year/album of digital photo books and use almost exclusively, your templates. I don't know what I'd do without them!!!! Seriously, they are a main staple in my scrapbooking. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're still doing some digital pages. I've loved your layouts, everything you have done looks so beautiful, but whenever I've used your templates, my layouts always looked so "messy" and I would end up going back to what I thought of as clean, simple, neat and tidy templates.
    In the past couple weeks, when I've been working my way back to 2010 for my 2nd Photobook, I've been using your templates more, and I think I get it now, how not to let it get "messy" when I use my own photos.
    Thank you for being so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really excited that you're doing Project Life, Yin! And I can't believe how young you look in these photos! You look like you're 22!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...